Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

As promised - here's my resolutions:
- Be healthy. I am taking a new assignment at work that will involve more travel and responsibility. Last time, this resulted in workaholic hours, bad eating habits and a few too many pub crawls. This time, I resolve to take proactive steps to manage stress, exercise, eat healthy and continue to ensure that my family, friends and husband get the best of me - not what's left over.
- Actually use the cookbooks gathering dust on the shelf. I love to buy cookbooks. I have lots of beautiful cookbooks with pictures of amazing food. This year, I am going to make some of that amazing food. Each month, I am going to pick a cookbook and make at least 4 dishes out of the cookbook. I'll share the results here - minus the cursing, cries of desperation and mess of course.

- Be charitable. Carve out time to volunteer. Select charities and be intentional in giving.

- Get a better handle on my finances and develop a concrete plan to save for retirement. I will not be an elderly person eating dog food out of trunk of my broke-down Saturn Vue.

- Laugh a lot and often

- Try to limit reality TV to 4 shows. JUST KIDDING! We all know that is impossible.

I am more excited for this year than I have ever been. I had always tried to imagine how I thought my life would be and it has turned out way better than I ever imagined so I cannot wait to see what this year has in store for me. What are you hoping for this year? What are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment