Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mi Casa Su Casa

My husband and I love having overnight guests. We love planning the menus and the activities and figuring out ways to make our friends and family feel at home. Recently, we had a chance to stay at our friends’ Dallas home*. They made us feel so at home that I am adapting some of their tips.

The greatest thing was a beautiful basket of goodies in the bathroom. Travelling is such a pain these days with the 3-1-1 rules. It was great to see all the things we had left at home waiting for us. Based on this basket of goodies, I have pulled together a “must-have” list for visiting friends:

- Shampoo and conditioner
- Spare toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash and floss
- Body and hand lotion
- Soap and body wash
- Q-tips
- Cotton balls
- Nail file and nail polish remover
- Hair spray
- Plenty of towels

I also like to put magazines or books that our guests would like in their room.

So what am I missing? What else are must-haves for visiting guests?


*Yes, these are the napkin people.

No comments:

Post a Comment