Friday, August 6, 2010

Are You Watching? Rescue Me

Baptism
This first part of this season of Rescue Me fell flat for me. I feel like the writers are just recycling the plot lines from previous seasons. Tommy’s drinking. Tommy’s trying to quit drinking. Tommy is reckless. Tommy sees dead people. Colleen is out of control. Janet is involved with Tommy’s fellow fire fighters. Sheila is crazy. We have seen it all before.

The show isn’t taking the risks it used to. There have been hints of previous genius – the witty banter between Sean and Mike, the gutsy speeches of Lou. But that is about it. I thought the most recent episode "Blackout" would be the one to push the envelope, but even that missed the mark. Tommy wasn't as contrite or disgusted as he should have been.

I hope the show gets better throughout the season, but I don’t have a lot of hope.



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment