Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hey Good Lookin'! Whatcha Got Cooking? Taco Seasoning

Homemade taco seasoning


I found this great recipe for a homemade bland of taco seasoning. I tweaked it a bit and it turned out great.

1 tbsp chili powder

1/2 tsp smoked paprika

1/4 tsp onion powder

1/4 tsp garlic powder (if you use garlic salt lower the kosher salt to 1/4 tsp)

1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (more if you want more heat)

1 1/2 tsp cumin

1/2 tsp kosher salt

1 tsp pepper

Mix together.

For a quick dinner - I cut up some onion and bell pepper, then tossed that in oil and the seasoning and sauteed.

We also had some leftover chicken so I cut that up, tossed in oil and seasoning and added to the pan as well. Heated through.

Then I added some cheese and rolled it up in a whole wheat tortilla. Super easy and pretty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment