Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I did it. I wrote a novel.

Yesterday marked the end of journey through National Novel Writing Month - a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. And I did it. For almost two decades, I have kept a rather large box of letters. In this box is every letter I have ever received. For many years, I had pen pals from Asia or Europe. Then in 1992, I got a pen pal in New Hampshire. Her name is Mary. We wrote to each other at least once every two weeks for five years. Interestingly, it was only when email became the main medium did we lose touch. I guess not having that physical reminder to refer to and use as a reminder to write back ended our friendship. We sent Christmas cards after that, but it wasn't the same. There was just something about that physical letter.

So when I decided to NaNoWriMo, I knew that I would want to use those letters as inspiration,  The novel is the story of two high school freshman who write back and forth. I pulled out a bunch of those letters and reread them. Even though they were someone else's story, I learned a lot about myself and the person I was back then. Memories can be very deceiving. I really enjoyed writing this novel. My husband was the best cheerleader ever.

Anyway, I present you.

Write Back Soon by Angela Lusk

Click here to read it on Scribd.com or you can email me for a PDF version.

 I decided to publish it in its raw form. I basically just wrote 50,000 words and then my dear husband converted to PDF. Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until Winter 2011!!!!!! Very well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thіs iѕ the right webpage for anyone who hopеs to finԁ out about thіs topіc.
    You underѕtanԁ a ωhole lot its almost hard
    tо argue with уοu (not that I personally would want to…HaHа).
    Yοu dеfinitely put а fresh sρin οn а subject which has been diѕcusѕed for many yеars.
    Excellent stuff, just great!

    Also visit my page Lloyd Irvin

    ReplyDelete