Friday, December 3, 2010

Are you watching? Castle

Castle: The Complete Second Season


I am really enjoying the second season of Castle. The show centers on a writer who is shadowing a New York detective. The writer becomes an asset for whole team and, of course, a source of sexual tension for the dectective. The crime solving is augmented by a glimpse into the writers' home life with his charming daughter and eccentric mother. They usually provide a nice break from the investigation plotline.

I was very intrigued when I saw copies of the novel mentioned in the show for sale.

Naked Heat (Nikki Heat)

I read Naked Heat (Nikki Heat) by "Richard Castle" over the weekend. It's a pretty thick novel that reads like an episode of the show. What makes for great television doesn't necessarily make for a great novel. For instance, introducing new characters in the last couple chapters and one of them just happens to be the villian. I thought I missed a couple chapters. I think it is a very smart marketing ploy and it does match the plot quite nicely. If you are huge fan of the show, I would pick it up just for the novelty factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment