I know it has been a while. The other day I was looking at this blog and saw that it has had over 10,000 page views! I was more popular than I even realized. The food posts have been the most popular so I am going to revive it for the summer with my Summer Kitchen "bucket list" 2012.
This summer I am going to attempt to complete these culinary feats and live to write about it:
1. Roast a whole chicken - I am going to start with the infamous boyfriend roast chicken and go from there.
3. Find 3 more soup recipes I like - I make carrot soup at least twice a month during the fall and winter. I need to find a couple more go-to soup recipes before we turn orange.
4. Perfectly poach an egg - A successful brunch event depends on it!
5. Figure out quinoa - How to pronounce it, how to cook it, what exactly it is. Let's just say quinoa is a big mystery in my life.
6. Create a smoothie that I like that doesn't cost more to make than it does to buy it - I am not a huge fan of fruit. I do like a good green drink, but buying the ingredients to make 16 oz costs more than just pulling a bottle off the shelf.
7. Make a souffle - I have made pseudo-souffles, but it's time to find a good old French recipe and see what happens.
8. Figure out a signature fish dish - I have a signature chicken dish (butter chicken) and a signature soup (carrot). It's a crime that I actually live near the ocean and don't cook my fish.
9. Figure out how to freeze my own skillet meals - I spend a good chunk of change on those skillet meals in the freezer section. It seems like I could figure out how to make a few myself.
I'll write here about how it goes and what I learn.
What's on your bucket list this summer?