Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hey Good Lookin'! Whatcha Got Cooking? Butter Chicken

I came across this recipe and it is now a once-a-week favorite. I have made a couple adaptations based on what I had in the cabinet so you can easily do the same. Enjoy!

•2 pieces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

•3 cloves Garlic, Minced

•1 teaspoon Salt

•½ teaspoons Black Pepper

•½ heaping teaspoons Cayenne Pepper

•¼ heaping teaspoons Ground Coriander (This usually comes in most spice racks. You'll need to grind it yourself either in a mortar & pestle or I used the back of a spoon on a cutting board.)

•¼ heaping teaspoons Cumin

•1 TBSP rice wine vinegar or the juice of a lime

Combine the above ingredients and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 9 hours. I usually put it all together in the morning before work and let it marinate all day.


•1 whole Onion, Diced

•4 TBSP Butter

•1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce (If you don't have tomato sauce, I used 2 cans of the diced tomatoes. It turned out more chunky and less saucy, but the flavors were excellent.)

•1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes

• Milk or cream

•1 bunch Chopped Cilantro, to taste

•Rice or Couscous to serve over

Take the chicken out of the refrigerator.

Heat a large pan up on medium to high heat.

Melt the 4 TBSP butter.

Add the onion and saute until translucent.

Add the chicken.  Cook on each side for 4 minutes.



Add the tomatoes and tomato sauce.



Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes with a lid on.

Take off the lid and add milk/cream. The amount you add depends on the fat count of the milk. You are looking for an orange color. When I used cream, I only used about 2 TBSP. When I used whole milk, I used closer to 1/4 cup.

Then add the chopped cilantro.



It is ready to serve. Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment